We all plan our itineraries for the next vacation to have it grand than before. We tick down a bunch of good attractions, major landmarks, delicious culinary delights and a handful of amusing activities. Well, the outdoor and recreational sports are great hits to make your holiday insanely wild and fun at the same time. On the same subject, Zipline is one of the enormously growing sports in the tourism industry. People are loving it and from New Zealand to Alaska, there are the world’s best places to zip-line. However, UAE is giving the rest a tough time as it unveiled the world’s longest zip line- Jebel Jais Zipline.
You already know that UAE was earlier home to the longest urban Zipline and recently as the cable was mounted from the Ras Al Khaimah’s Jebel Jais, the highest mountain in the country, it created a sensation amongst the adventure junkies.
The Complete Guide to The Jebel Jais Zipline Ras Al Khaimah
1.Interesting RAK Zipline facts
• It is 2.83-kilometre long zip-line, (equivalent to 28 soccer pitches) and renowned as the longest, beating the 2.5km-long Monster Zipline in Puerto Rico.
• It was made public in February 2018
• It gives a hair raising experience as it is stationed 1,680 metres above sea level.
• The riders track the path between 120 to 150 kilometres per hour.
• There are three cables- two of which carries the passengers and the one is made to support the braking system.
• The zip-line is ready to fly you all days of the week, except on Mondays and Tuesdays. The timing is from 9.00 Am to 5.00 Pm with hourly slots available.
• You will spend an hour in the experience.
• The facility is excellent and there are a new set of riders every 5 minutes ready to hit the line. So, even if you have a crowd with you, you are going to finish the journey soon and with a lot of enthusiasm.
2.What to expect in Jebel Jais Zipline?
This RAK Zipline campaign is a breathtaking journey certified by Guinness World Records. Suspended belly-down in Superman-style, the cable soars you above the mountains. You can relish the bird-eye view of the city, beat the wind and capture the most daring you. Well, you might freak out considering it to be so long and high above the sea, but don’t worry as the equipment is of high quality and safety is utterly maintained.
3.Here is a sneak peek of what happens
• Reach the Welcome Centre
After 15kms of serpentine curves, you make your way to the Jebel Jais Mountain and park your car in the free parking area. Via the shuttles you can drop at the Welcome Centre- it won’t be difficult as there are several sign boards around. Also for preparation and guidance, come before 30 minutes of the given time.
• Commitment to safety
You are all equipped and kit up with the strongest safety gears and the team is very professional in their work. You are made comfortable and safe for the journey.
• It begins…
It is called the Falcon flight as you get into the superhero position and plummet safely down the Jebel Jais mountain., with shining blue sky above and mountainous splendour down. If you have ever desire to fly like a bird, with a speed of 120 to 150 km/hr, you can be the nearest to this dream.
• The Second Round
After the long Zipline action, you hit the suspended platform which has a transparent floor and is situated 80 m above the floor. This isn’t the closure, from here, you get to do a secondary 1km zipline which lands you back at the foot of the mountains.
• The Last Stage
After you are done, you’ll get an official Jebel Jais flight certificate (time to show off!), and a picture against the Jebel Jais Wall of Fame.
4.Level up the escapade with Jebel Jais Via Ferrata
If you are an adrenaline junkie and want to push your heights of exploration, indulge in Jebel Jais Via Ferrata. Via Ferrata is Italian for ‘Iron Path’ and when you visit here you would know why. You are harnessed and connected to a metal wire to whizz through the defined path between the rocks. It is a stirring mix of alpine hiking and rock climbing. You safely climb up the mountain and then slide on 3 zipping lines- the first one is 50m, second is 60m, and the last one is by far the biggest at 300m. In this process, in addition to the cable, there are carved steps, pegs, iron rungs, zip lines and ladders provided. There are two climbs daily- one at 9 Am and the other at 1 Am. You have to arrive 1 hour before the slot for preparations.
5.Things to know before zip-lining
– You do not need training or any prior experience, just challenge your guts and you are good to go!
– You have to be between 12 and 65 years o age, with weight ranging between 50 and 100 kilos to try this stunt.
– You will get safety equipment, a handy small backpack with water and will have enough space for your camera.
– There is a helmet with GoPro Mount, and you can rent it in advance.
– You can come on the luxury shuttle that is running from Dubai to Ras Al Khaimah and to the venue.
– Wear comfortable clothes, mostly it’s recommended athletic clothing that works the best in the situation.
– Carry sunscreen and sunglasses as the sun can be harsh.
– You are photographed throughout the activity for the safety purpose.
– Small lockers are available to store small items such as handbags, wallets, keys and mobile phones.
– You are geared up with necessary equipment by the organisers.
– Free parking and Free Transportation is provided through the park area.
6.How to book Jebel Jais Zipline?
You can be spoilt for choices by different packages that are offered by tour operators. You can add on the excitement with a full day Ras Al Khaimah tour or with a mountain picnic or Dubai’s tour. The ride cost approx. AED 400-600. Contact the agents to book early and get tempting discounts.
So, ready to feel the wind in your hair? Join the expedition with friends and family and have a blast on the next time you visit Dubai.