The Love Lake Dubai is the latest addition to Dubai’s list of attractions. Shaped in the form of two interconnecting hearts, it is located in the middle of the desert.
The city of Dubai has surprised the rest of the world, time and again, with its architectural marvels and creative designs. The Burj Khalifa (the tallest building on earth), the Dubai Miracle Garden (the largest flower garden in the Middle East), the Ski Dubai (the largest indoor ski resort inside a mall) and the Palm Island (the largest man-made island in the world, which is shaped in the form of a palm tree) are a few of the out-of-this-world creations and innovations that Dubai is proud of. The latest addition to this list is the Love Lake Dubai. Opened in November 2018, the Love Lake Dubai gained popularity after an Instagram post by the crown prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed. So, what is so special about this man made lake which has been named the Love Lake. It is time to find out.
Facts about Love Lake Dubai
The Love Lake Dubai comprises of two huge interconnected heart shaped lakes. The Love Lake is so enormous that it can be viewed from space; the fact that is proved from its visibility on Google Maps. Another interesting thing about this lake is that it is located right in the middle of the desert. Yes, the heart shaped lake is surrounded by sand. Another interesting fact about this place is that the trees on one side of the lake are arranged in such a way that they spell the word ‘love’ when read from above. You would have to have an aerial view of the lake to view this.
The Love Lake Dubai has become one of the hot spots for couples looking for some privacy and quiet time. However, there are no major facilities nearby. Still, you can get a picnic basket with your favourite snacks and have a lovely picnic along the lake. This is also a great place for those who want to enjoy camping with family and friends. You can also have a barbecue at the Love Lake. However, barbecue is allowed only at certain designated areas. Also, you can only use a charcoal barbecue and not an electrical one.
Apart from picnicking and camping, the Love Lake Dubai offers great photographing opportunities. The beautiful lake and the surrounding desert make for a picturesque view. Moreover, if you want to capture the amazing view of the lake along with the words ‘love’ made by the tree, you should carry a drone that can get the images for you. However, there are certain rules that you have to follow while using a drone in Dubai. Make sure you know them and get the necessary permissions before you use one.
Love Lake Dubai Location
This heart shaped lake in Dubai is located near Al Quadra lakes area. You would see the Al Qadra desert camping area and Al Qadra cycle track while travelling to the Love Lake.
How to Reach Love Lake Dubai?
As the Love Lake is located in the desert, you may think that reaching the place would be difficult. However, it is not so. First fall, you can find the lake on Google Maps. Also, there are signs that you can follow to reach the place.
- You have to take the Emirates Road (E611) while travelling from Sharjah towards Jebel Ali
- You have to drive straight till you find Exit 35 and then take a u-turn. You have to drive straight till you see the Al Qudra Exit 35, some 200 meters ahead.
- When you travel 20 kilometres from Exit 35, you would reach a roundabout with a horse staute in the middle. You have to take a left from here.
- From here, you would reach another roundabout, from where you have to take a right. When you move ahead, you would find the Love Lake Board.
Love Lake Dubai Entrance Fee
One of the best things about Love Lake Dubai is that it is absolutely free. Rarely would you find an attraction in Dubai where you do not have to pay any money. So, this is surely one of the free things to do in Dubai. You only have to spend money on fuel for your car and food for your picnic basket. In return, the heart shaped lake would offer you some quiet time alone or with your partner.
Tips for Visiting Love Lake Dubai
- As the lake is located inside the desert and the road that leads to it is not in perfect condition, it would be best to travel to the place in an SUV.
- You need to remember that no drinking water or washrooms are available at the lake. So, you have to be prepared for the same.
- It is a great place to watch sunset in the desert. But there are no lights around the place. So, make sure to carry flashlights with you.
- You should wear sandals or flip-flops rather than closed shoes as you have to walk on sand and it might get inside your shoes.
Love Lake Dubai has gained lot of popularity in a short time, and it would surely become one of the most visiting places in Dubai in the near future. So, if you happen to be in Dubai (or if you live in the city or one of the other Emirates), you must definitely make a visit to this place to marvel at this manmade phenomenon.